Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ready for Christmas?

As I look at our two boys, it gets me excited for Christmas time. We dug out my old HO train set, and set up a small circle around our table in the garage for Isaac and I to work on. That brought back a lot of fond memories with my dad's trainset growing up.

I can't wait to see Isaac's reaction to Christmas this year, as he's better able to express himself, and gets so excited about even the little things. He's a great reminder of the joy we should be sharing this time of the year, and all year around for that matter.

Visiting family, sharing gifts, and time off from work can tend to swallow up the true meaning of this season. I think it's a time to rejoice about Jesus coming to earth, and a time to remind us of the hope we have in Him. I often get caught up in the details of day to day life, not stopping to remember the big picture of why we are here on this earth: for His glory.

So, my challenge for myself this season is be joyful, wherever I am, and whatever I'm doing. That way I can, as one of my professors used to say, "be secure in the knowledge" that I'm bringing joy to those around me. The smiles of my wife, and boys, are a quick reminder of just how much joy I have in my life.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

J. Alan said...

Thanks for the Christmas letter and welcome to blogging! I hope this holiday season has been a blessing for all of you.

Take care,

Jeremiah, Kenna, Madelyn, Daisy