Friday, September 18, 2009

My Preschooler

Isaac got a GLOWING report from his preschool teacher today!! When I picked him up, his teacher gave me a thumbs up. When she was helping Isaac into the car, she told me he behaved very well today, listening and obeying. In the words of Asher....Whoo-hooo!

Isaac was supposed to start an 8-week session at the YMCA for Tae Kwon Do. As you remember, he really loved it last spring and asked all summer when Tae Kwon Do was going to start. Yesterday afternoon, I said, "Isaac, I'm surprised you don't have your Tae Kwon Do outfit on already!" He said he didn't want to go. Not upset, just a decision he had made. I talked with him, and even called Seth to see what we should do. Do I make him go? Do I keep him home, like he wants? It was so out of the blue and out of character for him!

Seth and I decided to not push Isaac to go to Tae Kwon Do (we can get a refund). Isaac was very matter-of-fact..."I made up my mind. I don't want to go to Tae Kwon Do. I want to wear my Spiderman outfit and look for acorns with Asher."

And he did.

No comments: