Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mudroom

I've been working on creating a mudroom for our house. I thought we didn't have room for one, since there was no large entry from the garage. But after some thought and rearranging, here's what I came up with. I'm hoping to add some baskets for hats/gloves as the weather turns colder. I would also like a coat hook in the garage.

I painted the walls surrounding the door in the garage. This paint was left over from the dining room project from this summer. I moved the shoe shelf down to create room for the bench. I added the white hook mirror, a welcome sign, and a new rug. The hooks inside we added a few months ago, one for each boy's backpack and coat. I'm proud of the final result...and of the cost!

Bench $5 (garage sale, then I painted it)
Rug $5 (Costco)
White mirror with hooks $5 (Goodwill)
Hooks inside $4 (Target)
Green square picture $1 (garage sale)

Total cost = $20








1 comment:

Seth Wilson said...

Looks great, and what a value!