Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Good Cents blog

I have tried couponing in the past and DO NOT like it, which is strange because I LOVE a good deal! I am a bargain shopper, but don't like coupons. Does that sound like an oxymoron? I get the Sunday newspaper, but loathe cutting, sorting, and sifting through those little papers. I gave couponing a good try when Seth was in law school, and ended up with dozens of free toothpastes and a pile of food that was so random, I gave up. Now, I shop at Aldi and Meijer, and stay within a set budget each week.

I have wanted to be the type of person who can coupon with excitement. Will I ever be that person? Should I even waste my time trying? Part of my hesitation is the overwhelming amount of blogs and information online about couponing. Where do I start?

Well, I'm actually excited about couponing...at least today. I found a blog called In Good Cents. When skimming her "about" page, I learned she lives in my same town!! That's great news, since her stores and sales will most likely match up to my stores and sales (rather than following a blog written by someone in another state, where the deals are different). Another piece of good news is that she offers classes. I'm not sure that I'll take one, but I'll decide when I see the 2011 schedule. For now, I'll take it one store and one week at a time. She posts deals/coupons for Meijer, Kroger, Whole Foods, CVS, Walgreens, Target, and Wal-Mart. I'll start with either Meijer or Kroger this week, and go from there. I'm not sure how far I'll get, since I haven't been saving my Sunday paper coupons, but I think some coupons are printable. Okay, enough rambling for now. Thanks for sharing in my excitement about a Fishers coupon blog!



No comments: