Tuesday, April 21, 2009

ABC Bible Books

I have recently purchased two ABC Bible books to read to Isaac. The preschool he attended last year used the one by V. Gilbert Beers, and I thought it would be good to have at home. I wake Isaac up before Asher each morning, and Isaac always asks to read the ABC book in the rocking chair. I love it!

Beers uses character traits such as anger, bad words, and choices for each letter of the alphabet. Hunt uses Bible verses. For example, A is "A soft answer turns away wrath" Prov. 15:1 and tells a story about how to use that principle when playing with a friend.

I often refer to these stories with Isaac when talking through issues of sharing, being kind, obeying, etc. It helps him to have a story to refer to in his mind, rather than my words going in one ear and out the other!

The Beginner's ABC Bible Memory Book by V. Gilbert Beers.


My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts by Susan Hunt.

No comments: