Monday, February 14, 2011

Laundry Room Makeover

Our washing machine overflowed last weekend (an hour before friends were coming over for dinner...ah!). Luckily Seth was home and was able to move the washing machine and dryer out into the hallway. He used the wet/dry vac to suck up the water, then had a fan going on the area for several hours. Thankfully, there was no damage to the floor and surrounding areas!

My sister found a small can of paint in the garage when she was looking for paint for another project. We both loved the color and she had the idea to use it in the laundry room. I agreed, though didn't know when the project would actually get done. Well, the washer overflowing gave me that motivation, since the washer and dryer were already moved. It really didn't take me that long. I got it done on a Monday! I still can't decide if I should paint the top half, but that requires removing the shelves, which is easier said than done. I am definitely going to get some matching baskets for the top part, when the budget allows. I'm very happy with it for now!

No comments: