Monday, April 4, 2011

Reading List

In January, I shared my goal of being more intentional with the books I read in 2011. I am happy to say that I am doing well! I have read seven books and will read 3 more in April (The Power of  a Praying Wife, For the Children's Sake, and Lord I Want to Know You). I am learning that I can read a book quickly if it is a well-written fiction book. I am interested in non-fiction books, but it takes me longer to read them. When I sit down to read, which is usually after the boys are in bed, I want to escape to another world, not think about my own life more :)

Out of the seven books I've read so far in 2011, I would say the most thought-provoking one is The Five Love Languages. Not that I'm meeting my family's love languages perfectly, but it has made me think about how I receive and show love, and how my family members receive and show love.

I am thankful that my family has a love for books. It is so wonderful to watch Isaac learning to read and finding joy in that. I also love that one of Asher's favorite places is the library. I am often tempted to get rid of the TV, video games, and movies to cultivate an environment for reading...we will see!

No comments: